Thursday, October 25, 2012

What I'm doing instead.

I'm supposed to be finishing up sewing instructions for a tote bag for Stitch magazine.  Here's a sneak peak at the project.


...And finishing my daughter's werewolf costume for Saturday's Halloween parade.
...And starting my son's Gogo Crazy Bones costume.  He wants to be Targy.  That's this one:


I still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to make it, but I'm pretty sure it will involve pleather.  Yes, pleather.  Because it's shiny... and, well, I just like to say, "pleather."

...Finishing a pin cushion for this swap.
...Making gifts for this secret santa exchange.
...Stitching a placemat for this sew along.

I'm behind on all of this because I had my first ever allergic reaction to food this week.  Some really yummy Thai food I ate Sunday evening, in fact.  I ended up in the ER on Monday, and have been in a fog of Benedryl and Prednisone ever since while I wait for whatever it was that my body didn't like to work it's way out of my system.

What I'm doing instead of all these "supposed to's", is sewing a little zipper pouch of hot pink corduroy with a cute little appliqued cloud and raindrops.  Because I felt inspired and it's making me happy.




1 comment: